the outdoors
I went up to the White Mountains with my cool roommate and my cool pastor for a foliage day hike. Mt. Willard is supposed to have the best view for the least amount of effort. Since we didn't want to be there too long, I went for it, and I think it was a good decision. The hike itself was very easy; it was a slowly ascending trail with no climbing necessary, and we made it up in about 45 minutes or so. I slowed the going with my stops to take pictures of leaves on rocks. The end was on a ridge looking out over a large valley. It wasn't really panoramic, since we weren't on a peak, but that one view we had was pretty spectacular.

I really love going into the outdoors. It feels great to get away from the city for a while and breathe the fresh air (which makes me wonder what kind of air I'm breathing normally) and just see grandeur in nature. Living in the city, your eyes tend to focus on short distances, often just the distance to your computer screen. So it's nice to be able to give them a bit of a break and much larger vantages to look at. And it can never hurt to have reminders of how you and your daily life aren't all that there is out there.

more pics at my flickr.

I really love going into the outdoors. It feels great to get away from the city for a while and breathe the fresh air (which makes me wonder what kind of air I'm breathing normally) and just see grandeur in nature. Living in the city, your eyes tend to focus on short distances, often just the distance to your computer screen. So it's nice to be able to give them a bit of a break and much larger vantages to look at. And it can never hurt to have reminders of how you and your daily life aren't all that there is out there.

more pics at my flickr.