Sea Monkeys: moving dots
First day update.

Click on the picture to see animated gif showing the swimming baby sea monkeys.
At 5pm on the first day, 17 hours after adding the eggs, I saw some tiny white dots moving around! They were really small, smaller than grains of salt. But using the magnifying glass included in the sea monkey package, I could see particles floating and drifting in the solution. Among those particles were some white dots that were moving with almost stop-motion movements in tiny curving paths. Hatched sea monkeys!
Midnight on the first day. More sea monkeys have hatched, and more dots are swimming around the jar. They tend to congregate toward the side of the jar facing the lamp. I read that baby sea monkeys/artemia (called nauplii) swim toward light, and adult artemia swim away from light.
I tried taking some pictures which was hard-- they still look like dots. But you can see their movement.
Click on the picture to see animated gif showing the swimming baby sea monkeys.
At 5pm on the first day, 17 hours after adding the eggs, I saw some tiny white dots moving around! They were really small, smaller than grains of salt. But using the magnifying glass included in the sea monkey package, I could see particles floating and drifting in the solution. Among those particles were some white dots that were moving with almost stop-motion movements in tiny curving paths. Hatched sea monkeys!
Midnight on the first day. More sea monkeys have hatched, and more dots are swimming around the jar. They tend to congregate toward the side of the jar facing the lamp. I read that baby sea monkeys/artemia (called nauplii) swim toward light, and adult artemia swim away from light.
I tried taking some pictures which was hard-- they still look like dots. But you can see their movement.