back in the saddle

Two equestrian riders, girls on horseback, in low tide reflections on serene Morro Strand State Beach

I'm finally better again and am back to studying. Can't believe I've been studying the Kana for nearly a month tho. :P

I read an amazing book called "The Power of Less" by Leo Babauta. I actually had read his blog for a while when just getting into blogging. It's inspired me to simplify the way I do things and to systematize and break down the big tasks that I want to do. One of those things is studying Japanese.

I did some math and figured that studying 20 new cards 6 days a week will allow me to complete the JLPT 4 level in 10 weeks. Two and a half months isn't bad at all, I think! Knowing that the end is within a reasonable length is in itself a good motivator. I've tried to make my studying an amount that is feasible to actually get done, and also have set a time when I will study (right after I get home from work).

Today I studied all the 20 RTKana and listened to a Japanese children's story. I should finish RTKana in the next two days, and then begin on RTKanji.

I'm going home for Christmas for about two weeks-- hopefully I'll be able to devote extra time to studying then!