10 new cards/day = :)

Doing 10 new cards a day has been working out quite well. It doesn't feel overwhelming, but rather very satisfying when I finish all my reviews for the day and this screen pops up:


Also, I've been a lot more consistent than in the past with this system. I've been doing 10 cards/day for less than a month, but I am slowly starting to feel the pattern of it sink into my routine.


Before, I was trying to do 25 cards/day, but that didn't last very long (between 53 to 44 days ago). Then I decreased to 20/day (~26 days ago). Then I swallowed my pride and reduced it to 10. Even though I have missed some days, I'm a lot more consistent, and best of all, I haven't quit yet!

I used to find it unthinkable to do "as little" as 10 cards or 5 cards/day. Because on the forum I belong to, the average is 25, and people often talk about 100/day, which is really insane, unless you have 6 hrs/day to study. I may not finish as fast as I want to, but the important thing is that I'm continuing.