Developing Follow-Through
I have a lot of random things that I'd like to get better at doing regularly: guitar, drawing, comics, photography, learning Japanese, exercise/yoga, journaling, waking up early, reading the Bible/praying. I've noticed that I tend to cycle through the hobbies sporadically when the mood and desire strike me, but I don't really stick with one long enough to really improve much. I don't think there's anything wrong with having multiple interests; in fact I think it's fun and interesting! But I don't want to just keep cycling through and getting stuck in mediocrity.
Thinking about it, I have two problems to solve:
I have a few days off this week from work, and I'd like to try to reset my clock and see if I can start making some good habits in pursuing these interests.
Thinking about it, I have two problems to solve:
- Creating time for these interests. I can do this by increasing my available time through waking up earlier; and decreasing time spent on non-productive activities like getting sucked into watching videos.
- Developing follow-through and consistency, not just peaking and falling every time. I'm not sure how I can sustain the interest. Possibly creating focus points for each week/month and trying to stick to a general plan?
I have a few days off this week from work, and I'd like to try to reset my clock and see if I can start making some good habits in pursuing these interests.