Japanese Update: diligence

Since the last update I've gotten up to 340, 120 since 10 days ago. That's only 12/day. I've missed a bunch of days of practicing. The electronic flash card software I use goes through either new cards, reviewing old cards, and "failed" cards (ones I get wrong in that session). If I miss a day I don't learn the new set of cards, but the number of cards to review keeps piling up. I have it set on learning 25/day. So if I keep up I really don't have much to go through, but for example I've missed the past 2 days and today I have to learn 25 new ones and also review about 80 old ones, about 1.5 hours of work.

If I keep at this pace of 12/day, I will finish the 3000 kanji in 7 months, in April! If I do the ideal and learn 25/day then I'll finish in 3.5 months, in January. Way faster.

It really does pay to be more diligent.

If I keep thinking about what I can do when I've learned the kanji and the other alphabets, I think I'll be more inclined to keep at it.