Japanese Update: stuck

Sadly, it's been three weeks since my last update and since then I haven't learned much new kanji. I don't know exactly what happened but I missed a few days. This made me miss learning the new 25 kanji each day, while reviews of old ones continued piling up. Not so good.

I was up to almost 200 reviews due. I would work them down but never too much but then would miss a day again and they'd be back up to around 160-180. I turned off learning new ones until I can bring this pile down to 0.

The sheer immensity of the amount of reviews due has made it hard to want to study I think. When there's only 25 due it's easy to think, I'll polish this off in 45 minutes. But with 150 that's about an hour and a half of studying. Not even that bad but I think it's a mindset thing. Also with all the missed days I've simply gotten out of the habit of studying and am lazy about it.

Anyway, I think my goal should be to work on it in 30 minute fragments and conquer it today!