plugging along
Started on RTKanji. Made it through all my reviews, mostly thanks to being on vacay @ home.
Am feeling a bit overwhelmed at all the readings (still haven't quite figged out what they all really mean exactly) for each card in the deck. There is a definition in katakana, a Chinese-based reading, and a Japanese one too?? Then there is a hiragana and kanji version of each of the readings. Basically each card has a lot of stuff.
I've been reading just the definition, then copying the kanji into Firefox w/ the Rikkaichan plugin added to automatically lookup the definition. Also Google Translator has a handy dandy voice reader that will read out loud in Japanese, what it is. It seems to be accurate about 90% of the time-- sometimes a kanji it will read the wrong reading for it in the word.
Also have to do reviews for the RTKana deck. So lots of stuff to do. The Kana deck will be mostly all matured in about 30 days so if I can keep up on all the reviews while here then I only have to do it for 2 wks back in Boston.
.... tired. I'm just realizing now just how far away I am from any sort of comprehension of the language. :( But have to keep reminding myself one step at a time. At least I can read the kata and hiragana now.
Am feeling a bit overwhelmed at all the readings (still haven't quite figged out what they all really mean exactly) for each card in the deck. There is a definition in katakana, a Chinese-based reading, and a Japanese one too?? Then there is a hiragana and kanji version of each of the readings. Basically each card has a lot of stuff.
I've been reading just the definition, then copying the kanji into Firefox w/ the Rikkaichan plugin added to automatically lookup the definition. Also Google Translator has a handy dandy voice reader that will read out loud in Japanese, what it is. It seems to be accurate about 90% of the time-- sometimes a kanji it will read the wrong reading for it in the word.
Also have to do reviews for the RTKana deck. So lots of stuff to do. The Kana deck will be mostly all matured in about 30 days so if I can keep up on all the reviews while here then I only have to do it for 2 wks back in Boston.
.... tired. I'm just realizing now just how far away I am from any sort of comprehension of the language. :( But have to keep reminding myself one step at a time. At least I can read the kata and hiragana now.