Blog update 12/28/17
Wowowow.
I have a Medium post on freeCodeCamp go semi-viral! It was published yesterday, and since then I've gotten 70 new email subscribers. So far on Medium the article has gotten almost 3k views. It feels like the system that I'm trying to follow is starting to pick up some traction. It feels really good.
I read an article recently on how to do Medium, and so I tweaked the system a bit:
I have a Medium post on freeCodeCamp go semi-viral! It was published yesterday, and since then I've gotten 70 new email subscribers. So far on Medium the article has gotten almost 3k views. It feels like the system that I'm trying to follow is starting to pick up some traction. It feels really good.
I read an article recently on how to do Medium, and so I tweaked the system a bit:
- Write the article and publish on one of the Medium publications that I'm a writer for. Create a content upgrade for each article and add a link to the upgrade as well as subscribing to the bottom of the article.
- Send an email campaign to my current subscribers, linking back to the Medium article.
- Share the Medium article on Facebook groups that I'm a part of.
Basically I'm using my website just for SEO purposes. I'm trying to drive all traffic from social media and email to the Medium post, in order to get more hits and make it go viral more easily.
Aside from SEO, the website is still useful as a place to put landing pages and sign-up pages for the content upgrades.
It's a bit different from how I was seeing it before, but it makes a lot of sense. The ultimate goal is to get people to sign up to my email list. At some point I'd like to have a big following personally on Medium, so I can publish straight to my personal feed and not be quite as reliant on freeCodeCamp and other publications. I would still publish to publications every so often.
Very excited! I'm hoping to write two more posts before I have to go back to work on Tuesday.