Blog update 3/11/18
I finally finished and published my web development resource mega-article. It was 8000 words, with tons of links to helpful resources, graphs, images, and even some gifs.
I posted it on a Facebook coding group and it got some really great feedback-- a ton of people found it super helpful. So I'm thrilled about that! I did post a draft to freeCodeCamp on Medium last week but they haven't published it yet. I'm really hoping it gets published tomorrow or early this week. I'm a bit afraid that they will reject it for potentially being too long (I think 8000 words translates to a 30 minute read or so).
The other news of note is that I went in for a purchased course, Elite Blog Academy (EBA). It's not at all cheap, around $900, but it's gotten really great reviews. Two incredibly popular blogs (i.e. making $100k or more per month) both point to EBA as the source of their success. So I feel like if I follow all their steps I will also find success in it, and hopefully faster than if I tried to figure out everything on my own.
So far the course seems very in-depth, and really planned well. You have a lot of work to do for each module, but it all makes a lot of sense. Also, buying the course gets you into a closed Facebook group, which I think is most of the appeal as well, because you get to be a part of a community where you can support and encourage one another. (This type of online course/school is something I'm thinking about for Coder Coder, down the line)
Strangely enough, maybe because my post hasn't published on freeCodeCamp, I'm feeling down and discouraged about the blog. Every afternoon after I get off work and every Friday, I'm soooo thrilled that I don't have to go back and do work at my day job. But then every morning and every Sunday evening I'm just dreading going back to work the next day. Having this goal of blogging and feeling like it's a possibility at some point in the next year or 2 is both exciting but also frustrating in the present moment.